Monday 2 April 2012

Chop and Drop Lopper Therapy




{◄◄}ℝℯոԺ Ƭℎℯ memories
{
►►}ձֆէ օձŗժ Ƭℎℯ drama
{
}Ƿℓձყ Ƭℎℯ good times
{
▌▌ճʋ℮ Ƭℎℯ moments
{
}ֆէօǷ ℊℎէ ther


 


Ginger Thomas in Bloom




A few weeks ago Buddy Sloan was here taking down a couple trees.
By the way, the update for Sloan is he says he has a girlfriend but she's in Costa Rica, so that doesn't count as far as I'm concerned. I know you were dying to know more. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Anyway, a couple days after that since the trees were down with branches hung up in other trees and mashing saplings, I had to deal with it. It took the better part of the day, about 5 hours to turn two medium trees into a cleared area of small sticks.
Chop and drop. 




The best way is really very simple. Use the loppers and simply chop everything into 2ft pieces and leave in place. Within a year or two the termites will have turned this foot deep mass into crunchy mulchy material soon to be forest dirt. It's really a convenience.

Toss a tree out there, make sure everything touches the ground, and it will disappear.
Try THAT up north! 

It's parched work. I drank a half a gallon of water and two glasses of ice tea. The Universe was smiling on me because there were many lizards following me around hoping I would disturb something juicy, 6-legged and creepy. And there were no wasps.



West Indian Dry Wood Termite

I love termites.
Hey, come on, they have their place!

This little guy turned up - I think he's a Skink. He has smooth skin , a pointy nose, a very long tail and he wiggles like a snake, back and forth.




 And the vines! George has really done an excellent job getting these vines out. They're called "Spaghetti Vines". They grow along the canopy sending a curtain of single strands down to root from the top. Like this:



We're hoping these vines will just dry up and turn  into brittle wisps that can be stomped down. Right now they smell as they rot from beneath. The crabs are all under them where its moist and cool.  It's therapeutic , methodically chopping up the green matter until it's neatly contained. Too bad all of life's problems can't be so easily resolved with a set of loppers, and at sizable caloric expenditure to boot!




 

My Two Favorites!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment